Notices

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touc Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT
Mobile OS: 6.1

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Whats Is Your Occupation

I am the Data Manager at a small private University in Iowa (Graceland University). Now that's my job, by education and passion, I am an artist, both three dimensional sculpture and visual communications.

I got into AMJ because I'm a nerd :) which is how I got my job. Up until my Touch Pro I used the cheapest cell phones available, and when I had em, palm pilots (being the poor college kid).

I've now got the office upgraded to TPs from their old Moguls, I have somehow become the go to guy (which is cause AMJ has become my go to!)
Old 09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,425 Times in 423 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by lacanfeisxn

I have somehow become the go to guy
i have that same problem where i work. i was so overwhelmed, started keeping my mouth shut. my bosses and the admin started coming to me to fix their phones, instead of going to the IT department.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Supporter/Designer
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 31,441 Times in 12,443 Posts

View Iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Iamdasht19's Photo Album Add Iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i have that same problem where i work. i was so overwhelmed, started keeping my mouth shut. my bosses and the admin started coming to me to fix their phones, instead of going to the IT department.
i have the whole hospital asking me and i have got many people on smartphones and ppc's here including almost all the docs.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch 6900
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View dontaylorj's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dontaylorj's Photo Album Add dontaylorj's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: What's Is Your Occupation ?

i was a telephony analyst for about 9 yr, and then with all the job cuts,i was without a job. so i got into real estate notes, and i'm happy

i wanted to get me a business cell phone that could do alot. i ended up lookin up phones on youtube and Baammm there was Dash....i ended up gettin the phone i wanted and alot more
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM
MOY
Mobile Model: DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View COWHEAD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View COWHEAD's Photo Album Add COWHEAD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey guys I'm a trucker, I haul Military Household Goods all over the U.S. After having a treo the size of a brick but loving all the features I decided to look online for a nicer phone and I saw the htc touch/vogue, went on you tube and saw Dash's videos of a custom vogue and the rest is history. Oh and a friend of mine on this board Parna1973 had a mougal and convinced me that the vogue was a better buy at the time. Thanks AMJ!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touc Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View lacanfeisxn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lacanfeisxn's Photo Album Add lacanfeisxn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm still learning to keep my mouth shut, problem is they don't buy it when I do.

Last edited by lacanfeisxn; 09-22-2009 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Typo, as usual
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 AM
You So Anti Dont I Matter
Mobile Model: Samsung Moment
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View CarlaDarla's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CarlaDarla's Photo Album Add CarlaDarla's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am a Teacher. I teach AP and Honors American History.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:55 AM
Mobile Model: TouchPro2
Mobile Carrier: telus

View medic88's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View medic88's Photo Album Add medic88's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Well as the name states..........

i figured i'd kill 2 birds with one stone with what i do and a picture.

That's me bossing everyone and watching.......and saving RCMP officers
Attached Thumbnails
RCMP1.jpg  
Old 12-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Supporter/Designer

View Iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Iamdasht19's Photo Album Add Iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post

I am a Teacher. I teach AP and Honors American History.
wow a teach huh? makes sense with the glasses that you had on in the pic with the wade jersey. and history really? ughhhh you would have hated me as a student haha
Old 12-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Supporter

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

“ Originally Posted by medic88 View Post

Well as the name states..........

i figured i'd kill 2 birds with one stone with what i do and a picture.

That's me bossing everyone and watching.......and saving RCMP officers

so thats you in the bunker gear?

and it's nice to see you save people. the FD were I work can only save foundations.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2009 at 0623 --------

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

wow a teach huh? makes sense with the glasses that you had on in the pic with the wade jersey. and history really? ughhhh you would have hated me as a student haha
I like history. i HATE math. odd since i'm a computer nerd. but i can't stand just sitting at a desk learning formulas i'll never use later in life. and before you ask, I worked on helicopters and we used simple math. like the helicopter flew 2 hours. it had six flight hours before it flew. the next 10 hour inspection is in.......................................2 more flight hours. pretty hard stuff that simple math.

Last edited by PsyChoTk; 12-21-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

and it's nice to see you save people. the FD were I work can only save foundations.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2009 at 0623 --------

I like history. i HATE math. odd since i'm a computer nerd. but i can't stand just sitting at a desk learning formulas i'll never use later in life. and before you ask, I worked on helicopters and we used simple math. like the helicopter flew 2 hours. it had six flight hours before it flew. the next 10 hour inspection is in.......................................2 more flight hours. pretty hard stuff that simple math.
word i hate math too, i like history but has to be certain topics in history otherwise i would get bored with it... i do like sociology though and that can keep me entertained for hours... and some math is ok like i got this twinkie in my hand plus 11 others in this box so i have 12 twinkies total woot woot and no i wont share get your own psychotc
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Supporter

Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

word i hate math too, i like history but has to be certain topics in history otherwise i would get bored with it... i do like sociology though and that can keep me entertained for hours... and some math is ok like i got this twinkie in my hand plus 11 others in this box so i have 12 twinkies total woot woot and no i wont share get your own psychotc
see it's easier with simple math and subtraction. If I have 12 deep fried twinkies from The Chip Shop in NYC, and I eat 5 of them, I have 7 left for my trip back to FLA.

but alas my passion for Psychology is bearing fruit. I'm applying for an adjunct teaching job at the local community college.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

see it's easier with simple math and subtraction. If I have 12 deep fried twinkies from The Chip Shop in NYC, and I eat 5 of them, I have 7 left for my trip back to FLA.

but alas my passion for Psychology is bearing fruit. I'm applying for an adjunct teaching job at the local community college.

mmmm what community college? may have to stop in and disrupt your class with super soakers filled with perfume hahha
Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Supporter

Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

mmmm what community college? may have to stop in and disrupt your class with super soakers filled with perfume hahha
Brevard
Old 12-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Brevard

anywhere near orlando? and you wont be able to imagine how i woudl disturb your class if i was done there by coincidence.... it would be in a fun manner and you would be like that little shit dash hahahah may just run up open the door and make a couple laps streaking around the room yelling hi psychotc hahaha
Old 12-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Supporter

Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

anywhere near orlando? and you wont be able to imagine how i woudl disturb your class if i was done there by coincidence.... it would be in a fun manner and you would be like that little shit dash hahahah may just run up open the door and make a couple laps streaking around the room yelling hi psychotc hahaha
uummmmm....its east of orlando. and drop on by anytime. i'll just point as i tell the class about "crazy people" and the Florida Baker Act. And "Hey class......here's one now." Now what's the number to the local po-po??
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

uummmmm....its east of orlando. and drop on by anytime. i'll just point as i tell the class about "crazy people" and the Florida Baker Act. And "Hey class......here's one now." Now what's the number to the local po-po??
hahaha i would give it to you than flash my badge saying im a cop than what you going to do.... i guess at that point i would just sit down and start telling them about kaos and his drooling problem as well as the billions of dollars he has. you can join and help tell the story as well. hahhah than they class will really think you psychotc like we know you are.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 PM

View medic88's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View medic88's Photo Album Add medic88's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Nope, i am the guy leaning over the cop.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Nope, i am the guy leaning over the cop.
i think he means the guy with the hair in the back
Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 PM

Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

i think he means the guy with the hair in the back
Sure is! Had to look good, made the papers with this. LOL! Not everyday we ambulance folk get credit.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Sure is! Had to look good, made the papers with this. LOL! Not everyday we ambulance folk get credit.
hahah you guys do in my books, seen the stuff that you guys do working at the hospital and you guys dont get paid enough for all that you do..... i mean really some guys working cleaning crew get more here in michigan at the hospital with the same benefits as any other hospital employee and the life ambulance crew gets less an hour without benefits. somethign wrong with the pay if you ask me.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM

Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

hahah you guys do in my books, seen the stuff that you guys do working at the hospital and you guys dont get paid enough for all that you do..... i mean really some guys working cleaning crew get more here in michigan at the hospital with the same benefits as any other hospital employee and the life ambulance crew gets less an hour without benefits. somethign wrong with the pay if you ask me.
Thanks for the kind words! But i do it for the rush, obviously not the money. hahaha!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Thanks for the kind words! But i do it for the rush, obviously not the money. hahaha!
kind of like me where im gonna be a cop to help people... gets you going and the adreneline pumping thats for sure.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM

Re Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

kind of like me where im gonna be a cop to help people... gets you going and the adreneline pumping thats for sure.
Absolutely! I believe being a cop is a little more nerve racking. Now,if they would only let Canadian EMS carry hand guns. Sweet!.....hahahaha
Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Supporter

Re Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

hahaha i would give it to you than flash my badge saying im a cop than what you going to do.... i guess at that point i would just sit down and start telling them about kaos and his drooling problem as well as the billions of dollars he has. you can join and help tell the story as well. hahhah than they class will really think you psychotc like we know you are.
your security guard badge??? wtf ever. we have enough of "those guys" in town. when you stop by, just one more to the list.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2009 at 1124 --------

Absolutely! I believe being a cop is a little more nerve racking. Now,if they would only let Canadian EMS carry hand guns. Sweet!.....hahahaha
SWAT medics in the city i live in carry glock 17's

Last edited by PsyChoTk; 12-22-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-22-2009, 12:15 AM

Re Re Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

Ya thats were it's at! They just did a hiring here about 1 year ago. Apparently it's a sweet gig and no one leaves until they retire..........heres hoping people start to retire!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Supporter/Designer

Re: Re Re Re Re Re Re Whats Is Your Occupation

your security guard badge??? wtf ever. we have enough of "those guys" in town. when you stop by, just one more to the list.

--------- New Post Merged on 21/12/2009 at 1124 --------

hahahah naw the real thing since almost done with school son!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
occupation