+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One

puertoblack2003 is on a distinguished road puertoblack2003's Avatar
    Threads

Default How to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One

Let me mention here i do not take any credit for the info provided.Anything i post here is for reviews and source info

credit goes out to mattyboy247 at [Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register] please for support questions go there [Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]

[Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]

[Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]

So we rooted the Nexus One. Before it was out. Without a device. Neat, but many knowledgeable commentators in the Android community noted that the root was only possible due to the engineering bootloader shipped on the devices distributed by Google, and that retail devices would likely have locked bootloaders. We told them not to worry... and here's why.

Retail devices DO have locked bootloaders.

But you can unlock them.

You see, in the bootloader of the Nexus One there is a secret command. A command that, when issued via fastboot, gives you the warning you see here, after which you can merrily unlock your bootloader and flash anything you want onto your device (including our superboot rooting image).

Nice eh?

It's easy too! Google WANTS you to be able to do whatever you please on your Nexus One, but they also want you to be aware of the consequences.

To unlock your Nexus One's bootloader simply...

- Download and extract [Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]from here (Windows, Linux and Mac included)
    - Run a command prompt / terminal at the directory you just extracted
    - Type 'fastboot-windows oem unlock' or './fastboot-mac oem unlock' or './fastboot-linux oem unlock' (as appropriate)
    - Proceed on your merry bootloader unlocked way

Senior Member forty01 is on a distinguished road forty01's Avatar
    Threads

Default Re: How to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One

This is nice and the way it should be, especially with Android and all. They need to make a Sprint CDMA version... that would be nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
    Flashing a ROM Click Here
    Noob Zone Click Here
    How to Search for...? Click Here

puertoblack2003 is on a distinguished road puertoblack2003's Avatar
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by forty01 [Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]
    This is nice and the way it should be, especially with Android and all. They need to make a Sprint CDMA version... that would be nice

well if you're familiar with the fresh rom.He has a utility that can root you device.A on click tab.I call it the lazy man way...lol It's only for the sprint hero's he's looking for someone with a gsm model to test it.
    • DO NOT send me a private message (PM) or Email for Support it will be ignored and you'll be wasting your time typing.
    • Post your question/problem on the forum so that someone else who's having the same issue can benefit from the solution.
    • New to this type of forum? Then read here RULES Failure to follow the Rules/Policy well Disqualify/Ban you from visiting the forum.Don't like our rules then leave.
    • Are you getting error message and can't view the post well apparently you didn't follow instructions,From you're welcome pm or email. Then you must JOIN A GROUP click here <------
    • TIPS on how to browse the forum, if you don't have any idea to what you're doing. So click here ---> HOW TO

Welcome To Pocket Pc Resource

Pocket Pc Resource And Tweaks At forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Mobile News And Blog At www.htcmodz.com
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Senior Member forty01 is on a distinguished road forty01's Avatar
    Threads

Default Re How to unlock the bootloader on your Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 [Dear Guest you must register to view links click here to register]
    well if you're familiar with the fresh rom.He has a utility that can root you device.A on click tab.I call it the lazy man way...lol It's only for the sprint hero's he's looking for someone with a gsm model to test it.
    Yeah, I'm a Beta tester for some of their apps/programs. They're making good progress with the Eclair for Sprint Hero. They just need to get the Camera and one other item, then I'll make that jump for an everyday ROM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    About the "I Win" Champion Click Here
    Flashing a ROM Click Here
    Noob Zone Click Here
    How to Search for...? Click Here

Senior Member D/\SH is on a distinguished road D/\SH's Avatar
    Threads

damn i wish it was a click to root the g-1. it was a huge process to get that puppy rooted so you could finally be admin of the device.

+ Reply to Thread